Skip to main content

FUN (modest) Fashion!

Ok, so you all know the point of this blog is not to learn super high-fashion fashion tips right? It's about how being modest=confidence/happiness! But just because it's modest, doesn't mean it has to be boring! Outfits can be so fun!!!

The office where I work gets the magazine Cosmopolitan (aka Cosmo) for the waiting room. To clarify the owners did NOT request or subscribe to this magazine as the values of the company are very different than the image to be set in the office waiting room. So, I usually look at it on lunch break, rip out a few semi useful articles, perfume samples or, even better, makeup coupons. Then it ends up in the trash can pretty fast. Sorry Cosmo.

The latest issue (August) had a cute section called "Fun, Fearless, Shopping". And I LOVE fun fashion. I love to wear fun clothes because obviously, it is fun! AND this issue had a modest outfit! Basically, it was dressing up a sweatshirt. I couldn't find the link to the article to share but did find the photo from the magazine since the model is a blogger :) (stylescrapbook.com) She called her outfit "Green Lantern"


Fun, cute,  and I just wanted to share! In this world of fashion, anything goes! Have some fun with your modest choices!

#modesty #sweatshirtandheals #funfashion 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Modest Adventure!

Isn't she just a doll!?! Little Miss Lacey is one of my 15 nieces. I am super lucky to be blessed with such adorable, wonderful girls as nieces. I'm starting this blog in honor of them. When I was "younger", I didn't really care about modesty. If I was hot in the summer time, I wanted to wear as little as I could get away with. (Confession, I still do! But have learned the lesson of breathable fabrics :) But as I begin dating, learning more about myself, more about guys, about the gifts of our bodies, and watching probably too much Law and Order: SVU, a different perspective has grown. And now, I am a BIG FAN of Modesty :) What this blog is: I wanted this to be a place to share ideas of modesty in dress and virtue! I will be posting some simple outfits for various occasions (work, daily, fitness, church, wedding, swim) to share with everyone! What this blog is not: While some have said I have a good sense of style, I am NOT the fashion police. I enjoy clothi

(more affordable) Party Dresses! pt.2

Okay, I know it is NYE and this is the last post of the year. And I know this post might possibly be too late for your actual party. But the great thing is, most modest dresses are classic, and classic does not go out of style. So, you can use these ideas for pretty much any future endeavors. Last post ( Holiday Party Dresses ) I showed a few party dresses that could be rented. They are so cute, but still pretty far out of my budget at this point. I think this one is my real favorite and much better on the wallet.  Here you go! Sierra Brooke: Isabel - Red I had never heard of Sierra Brooke until recently but I really like this style. Maybe I just like this dress because it's red (aka great party color right?) or because the model is twirling a bit and the dress flares out. But it is great! I feel like it can pull off the Party Dress or the Sunday Best title. It's my favorite. Right now it looks like they only have this color in larger sizes, but.... it does come in black (

Plain and Simple Modesty

This pencil skirt is my absolute favorite. I got it on sale a while back. It is a timeless classic and can easily be worn to work, church, date night or a fun night. Yep, I did wear it twice THIS WEEK :) Told you it was my favorite ;)   I love simple fashion. And washable fashion! You literally can find pencil skirts everywhere, in any color. I really like this navy blue dark denim look because it makes me feel like I'm wearing jeans to work.   Also, it is GREAT to wear in 90 degree weather with a million percent humidity. Skirts are the way to go to keep cool in the summer heat. They'll keep you cooler than booty pants =o. I wore them with a simple cotton blend top so I didn't have to wear any layers and get too sticky!  Hope you all are having a great day and smiling big bc modesty is beautiful! Hugs!